This time of the year is a prime time for illness. If you get sick it will definitely put some stress on your academics. By following these recommendations, you can reduce the likelihood of getting sick.
- Don’t share drinks – of anything. Think about what you’re drinking and whether it is germ free (if flying objects of any sort have landed in it, it is not clean).
- Dress for the weather. Don’t wait until December to get your coat out. If you are going out at night, wear enough clothing to keep warm.
- If you are concerned about whether or not you are eating healthy at the dining halls, consider taking a vitamin supplement. A diet of Ramen noodles will not supply enough Vitamin C to boost your immune system in times of stress.
- Learn now how to manage your stress before midterms get here. Stress weakens your immune system.
- Keep things clean. Clean your m-card, cell phone, ipod, etc. (use a slightly damp cotton ball and rubbing alcohol). These things carry germs, which most people don’t think about. Also, keep your rooms and bathrooms clean, as well as your hands.
- Listen to your body. If you are feeling run-down, schedule in some extra sleep, stay in on Friday night, or eat healthier. Also, if you start to feel sick, go to UHS. Don’t spread your germs to everyone else.
Check out the Wolverine Access Tutorials tab for step-by-step videos on how to perform basic functions on Wolverine Access.
HAPPY LAST DAY OF CLASSES!!!!
Note to first years, make sure to check out the APRIL FIRST YEAR TIMELINE on the First Year Timeline Tab!!
In addition to checking into the PAAO blog, make sure you check out the “Events” tab for awesome student events and programs coming up! If you would like to see a flyer for one of your events in the Events page, feel free to email me a JPEG file at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSA Summer Orientation – Academic Peer Advisors
(CLICK HERE >)2011 Summer APA Application (<CLICK HERE)
APPLICATIONS DUE TODAY FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25TH BY 4:00 P.M.!!
Earn $3300, plus room & board in E. Quad
Great Leadership Opportunity!
Welcome first-year students, introduce them to the academic aspects of life at UM, and assist them with Registration.
Work with LSA Academic Advisors. Training provided.
Applications available at 1255 Angell Hall and http://lsapeeradvising.wordpress.com/
or by opening the enclosed attachment
Applications due to Rob Gordon, 1255 Angell Hall Friday Feb. 25th, 2011 by 4:00 pm
The Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center hires fifteen Summer Academic Peer Advisors during First-Year Student Summer Orientation to introduce incoming mainstream LSA students to academic aspects of college life. APAs receive a stipend of $3,300 plus room and board (double room as a single) in East Quad through training and the orientation program. APAs are required to live in East Quad throughout training and summer orientation. All APAs must be in residence by Monday, May 23 when training will begin. APAs will move out of East Quad on August 8th. Applicants must be continuing LSA undergraduates in good standing or May 2011 graduates with a commitment to assisting new students in adjusting successfully to UM.
For more information contact Rob Gordon at email@example.com or Carmela Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org